When you’re showing a home to potential buyers, every detail counts. Damaged woodwork or cabinets can be a deal-breaker, but also an expensive mess to replace.
Here’s how Legacy will save you time and money:
We can restore your woodwork without having to refinish or replace it. Giving these areas the touch up treatment is the most efficient and effective way of refurbishing. Our background in carpentry and cabinet-making allows us to quickly make adjustments to cabinet doors and drawers to improve alignment and functionality. If something was rubbing or scratching the surface, we can fix it. Legacy can recreate missing veneer, molding and even carved pieces. Seemingly impossible repairs can be done. You’ll be amazed at the difference we can make in a few hours, and those details might just turn a deal-breaker into a deal!
Here’s a few examples of how we can help…
- Freshening up Cabinets: Buying a home can be stressful enough, and having to plan a kitchen overhaul on top of that may be the tipping point. While replacing all the beat-up cabinetry may not be in your budget, you can still have that brand-new look.
- Updating Hardware: A hardware upgrade on kitchen cabinets can make a big difference too. If the new handles are a different size, we can fill and hide the old holes, and drill new ones. If the new knobs are smaller than the old, we can make that leftover mark disappear.
- New Appliances or Countertops Installation Damaged the Cabinets: It happens all the time. Whatever the problem, we can make it like it never happened.
- Damaged Stone: No one wants to have to replace marble or granite if it isn’t necessary. We can make chips and cracks disappear completely.
Things we fix: chips, holes, seams, cracks, dents, scratches, scuffs, gouges, panel shrink/shift, discoloration, missing finish, water damage, chemical wear, pet scratches/chews, bad touch-ups, crooked doors…
- Things to consider:
- -Type of surface (wood, stone, leather, etc.)
- -Type of damage (dings, dents, discoloration, etc.)
- -Color (any information you can provide helps)
- -Sheen (in order: dead-flat, flat, matte, satin, semi-gloss, gloss. Take a guess.)
What to expect:
Upon arrival, we lay drop cloths on the floors and cover nearby things with plastic sheeting, masking tape, towels, etc. Sometimes we just bring in a small toolbox, and sometimes we wheel in a cart of supplies. Because every repair is unique, we have a huge arsenal of tools and supplies for various methods of touching up.
Surfaces must be cleaned before they can be touched up. Having everything thoroughly cleaned beforehand will save us time, and save you money!
Legacy Touch Ups LLC is owned and operated by a family of skilled artists who graduated from their various trades and training, and joined forces to create a quicker, less expensive, greener option than replacing your imperfectly good stuff. Armed with a unique wealth of training and experience, we are the people to call when you have a surface problem to solve.